Android is the most popular mobile operating system with more than two billion users worldwide at the moment. But what to do if you don’t have an Android phone but you still want to run the apps supported by this operating system? This is where Bluestacks app comes in handy because it is created to provide the non-Android users with access to games available only on that platform. Bluestacks was launched in 2011, and it expanded tremendously in the following years. The first version gave users access to games alone. Now they can start any Android app straight from their Windows or Mac computer.
What is Bluestacks?
Considering the number of users who own Android phones, it comes as no surprise that the Play Store has the most extensive collection of apps available. Some people might not have access to the Play Store because they use a different operating system on their phone, or they want to launch the apps on a computer screen. Therefore, the idea for Bluestacks was born. It is a type of an emulator for Android operating system which allows anyone to have access to the apps straight from their computer.
- As previously mentioned, Bluestacks was introduced in 2011, and currently, Bluestacks 4 is the latest version you can download.
- The software will mimic the appearance of an Android operating system, and once you download it to your computer, you can use the basic features which can provide you with a full Android experience on a larger screen.
- The only difference you can encounter when using Bluestacks is navigating the options with your mouse and keyboard instead of a touchscreen.
- Bluestacks runs smoothly, and the latest version is especially suitable for the gamers who want to enjoy mobile games on their PC.
- So if you are interested in playing the most demanding mobile video games but your phone might lack hardware for them, you can have the same experience on your computer.
- Not to forget that you can use your keyboard and mouse to play the games which make the gameplay more comfortable.
- Bluestacks is one of the most popular apps for gaming at the moment with more than 300 million downloads. Gamers appreciate it because the games run faster on a PC and the gaming experience is highly improved.
- Bluestacks can be useful for people who do not plan on gaming as well because it gives them access to various apps which might not be downloadable on their phones.
How to install Bluestacks on a Windows computer?
Bluestacks is available for Windows, and the process of installation is quite simple. You can download the installer directly from Bluestacks official webpage. Once you launch the driver, you will notice that you can install Bluestacks on your boot drive only. However, you can choose to save your app data on a different trip.
It is important to mention that Bluestacks comes without any bloatware. Once Bluestacks is installed, you need to launch the app and log into your Google account. From there you can transfer any app you have already downloaded on your Android phone or access Play Store. The interface is easy to navigate which is a plus.
You can set up your controls quickly, and you may even add a controller if you prefer not to game with your keyboard. One of the perks of having Bluestacks on your PC is the fact that it can run correctly well on machines with average hardware. It will not influence your PC’s performance in a wrong way, and the app itself is not too demanding. It is a perfect bridge between mobile and PC gaming that will give you access to millions of different Android apps straight from your computer.